Farmer’s Pork Chops
(Potatoes, onions, and pork chops in a delicious white sauce.)
- 8 Boneless Pork Chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Paula Deen’s Seasoned Salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour; add salt and pepper.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- Add milk, 1 cup at a time.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, then let stand at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Peel potatoes; slice 1/4 inch thick and cover with cold water.
- Slice onion into very thin slices, and then cut the slices in half.
- Drain potatoes; layer half the potatoes in a well-greased 15×10 inch casserole dish.
- Scatter half of the onion slices on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and onions.
- Cover potatoes with white sauce.
- Cover casserole dish with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes on high or bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Sprinkled seasoned salt on pork chops and dredge chops in flour mixture. Lightly brown chops in vegetable oil. Do not cook them completely. As chops are removed from frying pan, lay them on top of potatoes.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes. The juices from the pork chops will drip down into the potatoes. Very Delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
Cook Time: 1 hour
I think this is by far our favorite recipe!
If you are a dessert fan (like me!) but don’t have much time to get in the kitchen this is the perfect recipe for you! Start to finish it takes about 20 minutes to prep and NO BAKING! Woo hoo! It is similar to the no bake boxes you can buy BUT it tastes 10x better!! You may use a store bought crust to save more time if you would like.
Cherry Yum, Yum Pie
2 1/2 C. Graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 sticks of melted butter
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 cans of Cherry Pie Filling
1 box of Dream Whip (both envelopes)
2 pkgs of Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
1 Cup Milk
Combine cracker crumbs and butter mix well
Mix dream whip by directions on box
Blend Cream cheese, sugar, dream whip, and cold milk
In a 13×9 dish spread 1/2 of crumb mixture
and 1/2 cream cheese mixture
Spread pie filling and remaining cream cheese mixture
Top with remaining crumbs
Chill until ready to serve
You may also use strawberries, or blueberries.
These recipes are not the real deals, but it will help you get your fix when that Ho Ho’s craving pops up and there are none at the store. With everyone freaking out about Hostess shutting down I thought I’d share with you!